View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2018, 18:10   #7
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
I also bought myself a camcorder a few weeks ago . Nothing expensive as I wasn't sure how much I'd use it. It has optical image stabilisation, but my footage still shakes something wicked . Really need to practice .
My advice is to move the camcorder as little as possible, for example when making a tracking shot move it as slowly as you can, it might feel wrong but it will look so much better and don't be afraid of shooting the scene more than once and choose the best, a bit like bracketing with a dslr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
In the meantime, I've been spending my time trying to make a slightly more serious film from my NEC footage (rather than the "pop video" I did previously). Still the same 2 or 3 minutes of shaky video from a 'phone, as that's all I've got , but I've combined it with some still photos, some unrelated video I shot a year or so back, and some stock video from the internet and have so far bumped the length up to around 10 minutes. It's taking me flippin' ages and I'm getting to the point where I'm fed up with seeing scenes from the NEC . If nothing else though, I'll learn my way around Adobe Premiere Elements.

All good fun and it keeps me off the streets.

Cliff
It can get monotonous watching the same clip over and over again but that's editing.....

Still yet to download Elements and try it, never seem to have the time.

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote