View Single Post
Old 30th December 2019, 08:38   #150155
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning all - a semblance of normality returning after excessive eating and drinking.
Mild weather, no sign of frost or snow - most unChristmas like.
Had a costly day out in Whitby on Friday - £55.00 for 3 lots of fish 'n' chips, reduced to £37 'cos I had a bogof voucher - excellent grub and lots of it. The problem arose when I got back to the car park (which had cost me £5.50 for 3 hours!) and found a ticket on the screen!! To cut a long story short, it would seem that I put the ticket on top of the dashboard (no self adhesive backing to put it on the screen), but when I closed the door to lock up, the draught must have caused the darned thing to flip over and land face down. Result was that the warden could't read the details as they were face down on the dashboard.
Tried to argue, with photographic evidence, that I did have a valid ticket, but they said the fine was for "incorrect display" rather than a non-existent ticket - hence £50.
It was reduced to £25 for early payment - but even then, it made for an expensive day. Moral - always have a look at your parking ticket AFTER you've locked the car, to ensure the correct surface is visible through the window

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote