View Single Post
Old 19th March 2021, 16:40   #8
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

In my experience you are better off repairing what you have than buy another with unknown problems as long as the repairs are cost effective.

I hear so many times that someone is going to buy another car to save repairing what they have or because it is more economical. In most cases they are just buying more problems even if they spend a lot of money or the marginal saving in fuel rarely justifies the extra expense.

Most newish cars depreciate at least £50 a week, I suspect even if the repairs on your car come to more than you are expecting it will be cheaper than the £2500 you will spend on the depreciation on a newish car or the probably unknow repairs on another car.

Most people sell a car for a reason and its not because they have got bored with it. Many faults can be hidden by removing warning lights or doing a bodge. I always take a fault scanner when I look at another car for me or friends who want a second opinion, if they are not happy with me plugging a scanner in they probably have something to hide.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote