View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2020, 21:18   #487
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Anyone who has had to deal with the general public will know that you have to address at a level that the lowest common denominator can understand, or the message will not get through, or even if it does get through it may be misinterpreted. Many folks these days do not understand the word "No", as I found out when I went into teaching at the age of 43. "No" seems to mean maybe, later, or even Yes. It seemed to me that anything was up for negotiation by certain members of the society that I was in. It took a long while for them to understand that "No" meant "No"! Once that was established. Things started to work. Perhaps our society has become too easy and that may be why so many folks from other societies want to be here? Maybe it's time to reinforce "No" and "Stop" for the benefit of the whole population and not let the "Maybe" folks do as they please!
So true what you say about NO.

It's been that way for many years as well.

Before I retired I was a building site manager.

Usually parking on site was limited.

I had No Parking signs put up but found from time to time they were ignored.
I added -------YES THAT DOES MEAN YOU-------It turned out to be quite effective.

So many people just can't take NO for an answer.----

This smiley is so true.-------------They are seen walking, talking , smiling but the truth is nobodies home.