View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2020, 22:05   #488
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Best View Post
Do they have the staff to maintain the Nightingale hospitals I wonder?

Having the infrastructure in place is one thing, operating it is quite another.

When it comes to decision making, there is a hospital local to me (Rake Lane) and about fifteen miles up the road (Wansbeck) that have had all of their critical care staff transferred a few years back to the Cramlington Northumbria Special Emergency Care Hospital (nsech).

What this done is left the other two hospitals with dozens of empty wards that used to cater for critical care patients.

Government then builds a Nightingale hospital 12 miles to the south of Rake Lane and thirty miles south of Wansbeck, one has to wonder why this was done with a huge amount of actual spare capacity locally, the cynic in me would surmise that the Nightingale Hospital North East was constructed merely as a publicity stunt, or even darker as a clearing house for the beyond hope Covid patients perhaps

The one thing I am certain of however, is the massive knee jerk reactions popularised at the moment are not the answer to this problem, nor is blindly following "the science" as there are many differing views as to the best route to follow in the bid to be seen as following the best damage limitation exercise, and there are respected epidemiologists that are ignored as they are not part of the inner circle.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven, and the amount of casualties of the mismanagement of the whole affair, both in physical, mental, and financial terms, will far outstrip the actual victims of the disease.

I don't normally get so emotive about a subject, but this particular curate's egg, boils my blood.

I’m
Alf
Sh yes Cramlington hospital, my mother was taken there in September with a UTI, she lives in Hexham and there is s hospital in Hexham capable of treating her, but she had to taken by paramedics to Cram, then next afternoon was transferred to Hexham. So much for things being processed quicker st NSECH, I arrived about 10 mins after her at 8.40 pm, didn’t get to see her until after midnight and didn’t leave the hospital until she was taken to the ward at 3.15 am.

Last edited by RPWC; 3rd November 2020 at 22:02.. Reason: Spelling