View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:39   #110
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
If what you had written was accurate, it would indeed be a travesty. But it isn't, so it's not.

Regarding sore losers in the Brexit referendum, I hope you're not referring to me - as I have already made plain, it makes little difference to me either way. I only mention it as an instructive experience with a great deal of direct relevance to mbev's original post about the likelihood of the issue becoming highly divisive and leaving very few people better off.

With your point about Indyref2 being a stealth way of getting Scotland into the EU, you seem to have forgotten that more Scots wanted to stay within the EU than Brits in total wanted to leave. The whole point of leaving the UK is so they can determine their own future! It is irrelevant whether or not you think that Scotland should or shouldn't join the EU - they simply don't want people like you lecturing them on what is or isn't good for them. And recent events are highly unlikely to have reduced the proportion of Scots who prefer life within the EU. And whether or not you like the way in which the SNP is trying to bring about a second referendum, I don't think anyone who supports the current Westminster government is in a position to lecture anyone else about what is legal and proper. Do you?

Its accuracy is debateable. That’s the whole point of these boards! I wasn’t referring to you, or anybody else on here personally, it’s just another view! I don’t necessarily think Scotland should not join the EU! I’m saying that is the apparent intention within the S. Nats party and comparing that apparent aim with their current favoured membership of the present arrangements. But, as a truly independent country I think they could sink into the North Atlantic.

I’m not lecturing anybody old chap, just expressing my view in polite terms, I hope! You seem to be taking my comments as a personal insult! Steady on! Take a step back!

No, I don’t think ‘lecturing’ others on what is ‘right’ or ‘proper’ is good. Do you? I don't see opposing comment as a personal insult either, just another comment. The only 'lecturing' is done by experts. Are you one of those? Ease up! It’s discussion, not assertion!