Thread: Nissan Micra
View Single Post
Old 27th September 2021, 18:03   #19
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
I was handed a Ford Fiesta Ecoboost as a loan car and was seriously impressed too. However, when I waxed lyrical at the garage while handing the car back, I was informed they had earned the nickname 'Ecobang' in the trade. As always there will be a bell curve with the outliers we all hear about. Mine needed two engines in warranty, mine blew up just out of warranty, mine has done 200k and is still going strong etc, etc.
The manufacturers are good at burying their bad statistics and we have to rely on motoring magazine surveys and forums like this to find out what to avoid.
I can certainly understand why those who can afford it just go on a PCP contract and swap the car every three years. I've spent my new car money on buying garage equipment to service my old fleet
A good friend of mine used to work in a big Renault dealership a couple of years ago ( NOT A MECHANIC) he had been there a few weeks and asked why there were dozens of newish cars in the workshop car park not being worked on? He was told they were all waiting for new engines as there was a shortage, Renault kept that out of the news.

I agree on the tools, by the tool to do the job and you can do it again and again, pay some one to do the job and you will keep on paying.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote