View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2021, 08:48   #110
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I find these modern cars frightening, far too many gizmos ready to go wrong. I feel there is too much nannying going on with the modern car, the physicality of driving has been taken away from us.

I must admit I've not even used half of the gizmos on this car yet I was dreading something happening to my missus whilst out on her own in it but it happened once when the electronic handbrake wouldn't release whilst in the supermarket car park for her.
Sometimes she doesn't press the brake pedal hard enough when pushing the 'ON' button into Ready mode which wont let you disengage the electronic handbrake or select any gear.

After two or three attempts to talk her through it on the phone I said switch it off get out of the car, lock it with the key fob then unlock it, get back in & foot hard on the brake pedal & press the 'ON' button & it was good to go again.!!!
She tried turning it off & locking/unlocking whilst in the car but I'm not sure if there's a sensor in the seat that senses that the seat is occupied & wouldn't restart with warning toots from the horn hence me telling her to get out & try it that way.

Another problem with these software updates (My car has only had half of the updates since I got it) is that the manual is already out of date with all the changes that these updates entail
These updates will be done on it's first service presumably.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote