Old 15th February 2017, 01:56   #14
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
HI Ross.
You are the first person I have ever heard say that, and if you can do it that way then I tried several times in the past, and you need hands like a child to even get a grip on the compensator.

If you manage that you need to remove the black clip, twist the compensator to allow the front cable to be removed, then you have to remove the two rear cables.

All this as to be done off axle stands or ramps you are working in a refined place in the virtual dark unless you have a magnetic torch, even then it is hard to see what you are doing.

All the above is after you have either removed the exhaust, or dropped it of the hangers which is no mean feat in it's self.

By the time it would take to put the car on ramps axle stands, drop the exhaust, I will have fitted it and adjusted it from above 20 minutes, 15 if I went like a train, so think I will stick with lifting the carpet.

Hi Russell

As for cutting the carpet been there done that, my car was the first guinea pig for such a modification, I soon leaned it was easier and no damage to the carpet to just lift the console at the rear and then lift the carpet.

That way you do not have to think up ideas of how to cover the cut I also fitted a couple of Stainless Steel compensators to Limo cars I do not think the owner would want that carpet cut
Fair do's... Steve did mine in about 15 mins. He stated at the time that it was the quickest he he had done so

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote