Thread: Igo 8 issues.
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2019, 15:06   #16
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I have igo 8 with 2018 maps which generally works very well. There are just a couple of functions I cannot get to work.Firstly and most importantly, despite ticking the box in the settings for speed camera alerts/icons they do not show on the map screen.And secondly the function to automatically change the map screen from day to night will not hold the auto setting.When you exit the screen having set it to auto it reverts to either night/day.

Anyone else with 2018 igo 8 managed to get these functions working properly?

I'm pleased to report that these issues have now been resolved by purchasing a new iGO 8 navigation card with the latest Q4 2018 maps.

On examination of the old card, in a reader, the maps were found to be 2016,not 2018 as I had previously thought.

All the functions on the new card work exaxtly as they should including the speed camera database and the automatic setting for changing the map screen between night/day.The information on these latest maps has been increased and the street names now elevate as you approach.I'm very pleased with the freshened up graphics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy View Post
It wouldn't be so bad if you could turn the warning off, it drives me mad at time.

You can turn them off in iGO.

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 17th January 2019 at 15:25..
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote