View Single Post
Old 20th May 2020, 17:43   #9
Ken Lion
Gets stuck in

R75 2.0 CDT Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi kevin.
Remove the sound proofing to the underside of the bonnet and you will see a connector that will be your problem it will be blocked inside.

I tried using a bike pump on mine to unblock it worked for a while in the end I changed if for another connector y shape bee great ever since.

In the end I used this below and worked ever since no blockages
Been having the same problem on the tourer and this has worked for me too - so thanks, once again, Steve for this 2yr old but valuable advice.

I knew the pump was ok because the rear washers were working fine.
After peeling back the top of the soundproofing (those fixings are a pain to remove until you get the knack) I disconnected the supply tube from the 3-way connector and that was then pumping out as it should.
So I took the 3-way off completely and connected the supply tube in turn to the 2 outlets and they were flowing between each other so it was clear that it was the bit in the centre that was the problem.
Used the same Y-connector (from the Halfords box I got, again on your advice, when sorting the sun roof issue) and it's fine.

The one little concern I have is that I think the white cap on the original 3-way is a non-return valve (and was jammed), which presumably is meant to stop the washer fluid flowing back down into the reservoir (and maybe also prevents muck going down there).
Ken Lion is offline   Reply With Quote