View Single Post
Old 21st May 2020, 09:09   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
No need to abuse them. They break on there own. Put it away after using it to charge up battery. Six weeks later( I always give my batteries a bit of a charge during the winter months) and yes, well no actually, the mode switch did not work. As I said modern rubbish. Not just my experience by the way. If I abused it, how come my Davenset still works? Conflict of evidence?
Luck of the draw I'd say Dave, I bought a Lidl cheapy four years ago, dismantled it to look at the circuitry and general build quality then boxed it back up.

It is used constantly in rotation for the cars I'm not using every day, and I can honestly say I've not had any problems with it.

When I put it into context, I paid £14 for an item with a three year warranty, and it still works fine, I also have a Unipart starter/charger, but it can quite easily prove fatal to a battery if misused, and also a selenium rectifier charger which is easily older than me.

I repaired a Porsche branded Optimate charger for a friend at the back end of last year, and I can say hand on heart the quality of the pick and place of some of the SMD components was poorer than that of the Lidl charger.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote