Thread: 'New' 75 V8
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 20:27   #14
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
I'm always slightly amused by statements like "full service history". If you think about it, it's a pretty meaningless statement.

After all, If I had a car that's, say, 15 yrs old and had only been serviced once in it's life, then as long as I have a record of that service I can say it has "full service history". Nowhere does that statement say that the service history is in accord with manufacturers recommendations, simply that a record has been made of all service work carried out (which may be more, or less than manufacturers requirements).

A bit pedantic, I know, but if the service records of the V8 shows that it has stood unserviced on a main dealers forecourt, then (presuming that is what happened) it does indeed have "full main dealer history" .

Cliff
It may still of been serviced each year? A local dealer sold a ZT 1800 turbo a couple of years ago with 82 miles from new and it had been serviced every year and had its cambelt changed twice. It had the brakes replaced all round and new tyres fitted rather than the old ones fitted. It ended up in another dealers showroom and was slated for having mid range tyres fitted rather than the originals which you probably wouldn’t want to drive it on

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 22nd May 2020 at 20:33.. Reason: Spelling
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote