View Single Post
Old 6th April 2017, 14:28   #4
Seanalf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
Ok, now I am really confused about the parking sensors.

I have borrowed a fully working Rover Parking Aid from a saloon and put it in the tourer The Parking Aid does not make any noise in the tourer.

In addition, I have put the Parking Aid from the tourer in the saloon. The Parking Aid does not make any noise in the saloon.

FYI the tourer has the sounder speaker in the driver's area; the saloon has the sounder speaker under the rear parcel shelf, in the boot.

I have put the Parking Aids back into their original positions, whereupon the saloon works perfectly, while the tourer works as described above.

Now I am really confused. Any advice would be appreciated.
Before you do anything else with the sensors, put the car in reverse (engine off but ignition on 2) and check that the reversing lights are on. If they don't light up, there is an issue with the switch in the gearbox which are cheap and not too bad to get at and change. If the lights come on, read the next bit.

Best fix I ever had on parking sensors is have a look at the paint on each sensor. They can show light signs of lifting or just general wear. I scraped the old paint off, cut a hole in a bit of paper and sprayed a couple of layers onto the cleaned up sensors. Now work perfectly!

Born; Wednesday, 3rd October 2001 @ 16:00:16
The 34,336th 75 to run off the production line of 112,381
This was the 4,730th 75 CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 10,898
This was the 2,647th 75 in White Gold Metallic (code: GMN) to be made out of 12,251 White Gold Metallic 75s

To do
MK2 dials with IPK, FBH repair, headlining repair (again!) and some cosmetics.
Seanalf is offline   Reply With Quote