View Single Post
Old 28th November 2021, 17:04   #3
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
I had this grief a while back even though the arm had only been on just over 12 months. I just used a forked ball joint splitter as the arm was U/S anyway , and just brayed at it until it popped out.
I just snapped the forked splitter i used the last two times to do this job, think the cheapo rust has rust welded to the subframe with love from China. Shortly after posting Amazon delivered a replacement forked splitter. Its a laser short one with nice thick solid handle, top seller apparently. It will hammer into the joint thats ruined anyway then get the jack under it just to bend it. Tried both sides but the ball joint just will not pop and this is day 3 of trying.

In an amazon order last night looking at tools i could get delivered for today i also got the item immediately below despite warnings the threads on it would likely shred. I made it fit by doing up the 22mm bolt leaving about 1/4" gap popping room and then hacksawed off the protruding thread that was just a little to much for the puller to fit onto but at the point of stripping the threads using my foot to put tension on, still no joy so looking at ordering the more expensive hgv one with a hydraulic ram included which needs to do it or im #%4£!

Autojack BJS19 Ball Joint Splitter Separator Rod End Puller Remover19mm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

US Pro Heavy Duty Hydraulic & Manual Ball Joint Splitter - 12 Ton Remover Breaker
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...DLSICX54&psc=1

At this stage would much prefer for a miracle worker mobile mechanic to call round with his trusty heavy duty ball joint puller and he might as well finish the job to for cash. At the stage where i wish had booked it in somewhere now. Oh lord, on monday i ask for miracles and if not possible maybe a little charity ha.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 28th November 2021 at 17:18..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote