View Single Post
Old 18th January 2022, 14:50   #17
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Just been reading Mayor Khan wants to do away with the congestion charge & ULEZ's & replace them with a pay-per-mile scheme, He also wants to extend the zone from the north circular & south circular roads to all Greater London

"Such a system could abolish all existing road user charges – such as the Congestion Charge and ULEZ - and replace them with a simple and fair scheme where drivers pay per mile, with different rates depending on how polluting vehicles are, the level of congestion in the area and access to public transport. City Hall said the report, published by Element Energy, shows that it needs to take more action, particularly around reducing vehicle use "
https://www.transport-network.co.uk/...missions/17554
That reads like a sensible idea, and one I've always believed should be applied nationwide in place of ved. But the application in specific areas could be problematic in its application. Nationwide, it would be simple, add 10p per litre to cover the ved- calculated via an average of 12000 miles per year and the pre2001 ved costs. Perhaps local fuel.stations having increased duty applied could work to a certain degree?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote