View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2022, 12:29   #163472
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning Phil, You cant beat a good supply of cow/horse manure for the garden plants, I'm going to be clearing an area in the front garden & putting manure down ready for flowers this year, I've not been able to get down to the well rotted muck pile where our daughter stables her horse because the ground is too boggy, You cant even push a wheelbarrow over it without sinking & it's a good walk to it.

Flies sunning themselves on the glass, Two of our cats are on permanent fly patrol in the Summer, They dive head first into the window to scare away flies that land on the conservatory windows outside

I suppose an hessian sack with manure hung up on the tree might tempt them away. I was going to sow some Sweet pea seeds I saved from last year & put them in the cold frame but it's too cold & damp out there today for me.
Feet up in front of the fire day for me.
What a lovely photo of the cats looking switched on. I will try your suggestion for the hessian sack. This afternoon was our first sighting this year of Sykes monkeys eating the apples from the apple tree in the meadow. We don’t like them coming up to the house as they have teeth like daggers and can be dangerous to the dogs and cats.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote