View Single Post
Old 14th February 2022, 22:30   #51
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Travel the A14 to and from the west Midlands on a regular basis. On one journey west bound I was taking it nice and steady when I came across a loaded hgv As I gained on him he started to reduce speed due to a mild incline. Eased off the speed to allow the righthand lane to clear before pulling out to pass him, at this point we were doing around 45. As I accelerated past him, and at the crest of the incline, there was a reduce speed sign for "safety reasons" on the verge on the lefthand side just as the carrige way bent to the left and was therefore obscured by the hgv. A short distance past said sign was a camera van. I glanced at the speedo and it was showing 55 maybe 56mph. Now I've travelled this same point a number of times, both before and since, at no other time has there been anything similar. Even if the hgv had not been there I probably wouldn't have seen the sign until it was too late.

I'd got my dash cam on and if I'd received a NIP I'd have challenged it.

The A14's a lovely bit of dual carrige way, if you ain't doing 80+ in the righthand lane you've got some idiot tailgating you flashing their lights for you to get out of their way. Of course safety cameras stop all of that happening.

Last edited by Borg Warner; 14th February 2022 at 22:34..
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote