View Single Post
Old 16th July 2021, 19:23   #5
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

I looked at putting these onto my 25 but they weren’t a straight fit and you had to bodge a bracket to make them fit and it’ll be the same for the zt.
If you want to upgrade the brakes fit a set of callipers from a 190. The disc size is smaller for those tf calipers than the 190’s anyway. They’re designed to stop a car which weighs half a ton less.

If you want an easier conversion and have access to a milking machine and suitable material you could find a pair of radial mount calipers and bolt these with adaptors to your standard hub. If not, it wouldn’t surprise me if something like a e46 3 series have the same mounts so maybe one of the juicer engined cars have some larger calipers. You’ll also have to spend time looking to see if there is a suitable disc for the car, like wheels they have offsets and various thicknesses so it isn’t even straightforward finding a workable setup.
But all being said, if your getting brake fade on normal roads your obviously driving like a lunatic or you’ve chosen poorly for a track day vehicle.

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote