View Single Post
Old 9th November 2014, 21:16   #6
philjudo
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 CDTI Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater View Post
Hi Tankie

I have a 75 diesel tourer and an X Type diesel saloon.

They are quite different cars although both are likeable and practical in different ways.

My X is a 2.2 diesel which is rated at 152 HP and the 75 has had the 160 upgrade so on paper should perform in a similar way. In reality the X is much more responsive and is undoubtedly the quickest (probably down to the turbo). However, the Rover is more flexible and the quieter of the two. Both are economical but the Jag just edges it.

On the road the Jag is a harder ride being the Sport version with low profile tyres. The Rover is a more comfortable ride and this is helped further by more comfortable seats.

I think that overall the Rover is the least expensive to run, the Jag being more to insure and for parts but there is not a great deal in it.

Hope this helps.
I'm in complete agreement with your observations, I also have 2.2 X type and a 160 remap on the 75.

The Jag is quicker than the 75 but less comfortable. Not really noticed any difference in MPG but to be fair I do drive the Jag harder and it's more responsive.

Quality a different league? Not really, just different.

Which one do I prefer on a long journey?

The 75 is more driver friendly in the comfort in the butt and numb legs stakes.

Would I buy another X Type? Yes but only a 2.2, if you google it. look on parkers, what car, autocar then you can make up your own mind

Last edited by philjudo; 9th November 2014 at 21:20..
philjudo is offline   Reply With Quote