View Single Post
Old 13th January 2021, 11:38   #537
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The news from London.............

....................... is not looking good at all. Roger has got as far as New York but is still waiting on a flight to London, trouble with his passport I believe. The phone call was a bit garbled. Mobile to mobile reception was a bit iffy. But what I could gather is that Elizabeth is none to well. Emma and Kevin are recovering, albeit slowly but at least they have not been hospitalised.

I have the builder in, he is replacing the gutters/soffits/down pipes. Local man, lives less than 10 minutes from me. Really nice guy, very efficient. Cleans up after him and takes all the rubbish away daily. I asked him to take the satellite dish down. I have a Freeview box, not that I watch a lot of telly at the moment. He has taken the dish away to the skip.

He was here this morning sharp at 09.00, knocked to see if I was around. He didn’t want to start hammering or drilling if I was still in bed. I’m out of bed most mornings by 06.30 rarely any later. Work done so far is the back and most of the side. The guttering at the back is in 4 sections and three at the front, so there is a lot of sawing, hammering and drilling going on. And today he will get more done as we have sunshine, outside temperature is currently at 12.5 degrees. Almost like a summer’s day.

Banana went for her MOT which she passed, and to celebrate she dumped her antifreeze and water over the workshop floor. Seems the radiator has split, yet again. Garage has a new radiator on order. This will be her 4th to be fitted in my ownership, last one went in January 2017. Still it’s not like I’m going anywhere soon.

I am so glad that I moved from London when I did. To be perfectly honest I believe I would either be in hospital or no longer here if I had stayed there. I feel ever so sorry for everyone affected by this pandemic. Sad that so many have passed away, so many losing a member of their family. I can only do my bit by not venturing out, only for essential shopping. I only go to the Post Office once a week now to send club shop stuff off.

Being in lockdown doesn’t really bother me as I have lived on my own for nearly 12 years now. So not seeing or hearing from anyone days on end is not a problem. I keep in touch with Michael, Allen, Matt and Roger by phone. Allen does pop in to make sure I’m ok, socially distancing is in order.
I’m catching up on my reading, currently reading “The Flygirl Adventures” by Anita Mays. I met her when she was a guest speaker at the North London MG Club event. Got a signed copy of the book. She asked what name should she address it to, I said “ The Flying Banana”, she laughed about that.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

Keep safe and we’ll meet up at some point soon.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote