View Single Post
Old 14th January 2021, 00:49   #14
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam2003 View Post
I think you have to expect things like this though. In nearly 20 years of being on the road it’s bound to have imperfections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for such low mileage it has had a hard life. It is mega money considering what it is compared to what else is available, but it appears to be poverty spec, an undesirable engine (except among enthusiasts), in an undesirable colour (both matters of opinion, but gold is not a popular colour in general). For this money and mileage, I would not expect the holes in the floor carpet, cigarette burns in the seats, odd serious wear in the boot carpeting (that is bad), grubby rear seats. Grubby wheels that have not been cleaned on the inside, and the redness of them, suggest they have not been cleaned at all for a very long time.

That is along with the dents mentioned before. The reversing camera with no suggestion of a double din (or any kind of stereo!) or a screen, suggests that it has been used for regular towing or someone who could not manage the size of it, and if the mileage is genuine, the clutch cylinders would be another concern. Handbrake is well pulled up too, with the gaiter sitting slightly proud, suggesting it being tightened (but that would be minor)...... and what is with the headliner at the rear??? Is that condensation in the rear left light too?

They are all niggles, but there a lot of niggles and for this money would make me walk away, even the MOT history suggests a lack of maintenance (on its second exhaust, along with the MOT history does suggest the mileage is genuine, but why no images of the engine bay?).

It will be £2/300 auction car sold on mileage, scrubbed up on the surface, that when you go to see it, it looks a lot worse, with marks and scratches all over in and out, along with a nice welcoming smell.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 14th January 2021 at 00:52..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote