View Single Post
Old 27th November 2019, 21:15   #149638
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Steve, thank you very much. We had been invited out for a meal at a restaurant https://www.mcc.co.ke/. It was a lovely meal, my second cooked meal of the day, the first one was lunchtime. Not sure which one disagreed with me. It’s normal to throw up after a doner kebab, but with the blood coming up as well, I felt I needed to be checked out. I am glad I did, as it got worse.
My first experience of a doner kebab was on a working visit to Cyprus in the 70's. Actually it was not long after the, erm, troubles there as some would like to hide behind the description of in the 70's and maybe a little bit nearer to home in the UK elsewhere to this day. Cough! All hell and chaos broke loose when Zorba the Greek let rip over the sounder blaster in the taverna and a local wedding party began to smash the crockery. Thank God for the free kokinelli local wine that was served to favoured patrons/nations at that time. As I stood at the bar I did not envy one bit a German party at one table who I saw were served bottles of booze which had some their contents replaced with the best of Greek thanks - courtesy of Greek memories of WW2.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote