Thread: Car sale.
View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 10:35   #3
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

F or TF is a choice you make after driving both. Personally I prefer the TF hence why I bought one last year. Just make sure its been well looked after.

Front suspension arms are £65 each and will rot if not protected. To fit then you have to drop the front sub frame a few inches to get it done.

Make sure the head gasket has been done and had a few years to see if its been a good job. I would not trust a gasket that was done a month ago. Might just have been a poor job and other problems may still exist. Mine was done in 2010 so had 8 years of unblemished performance.

As always, buy the very best one you can afford. A £700 bargain can soon turn into a £2000 car. When I bought mine the bills proved that the owner had done everything possible to keep it in top condition. He wanted £1895 and we agreed on a deal for £1500. All it has needed is the basic service items and a new pair of rear brake pads. It’s so reliable We we’re happy to do a 900 mile tour of Wales and Ireland last summer. Furthermore having room front and back for luggage makes it almost practical too. I looked at the Toyota MR2 but there was no storage at all and therefore no good for a big trip away.

The drive and handling is a revelation. Enjoy.