View Single Post
Old 24th May 2021, 07:18   #8
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

I've said it before, but will say it again. I converted to lpg in 2000 with a kit on my Sterling, which I transferred to others later. In 2007 I got my 1st 75 (KV6). I bought another kit, more modern this time, with 6 injectors rather than feeding gas into the air intake. More efficient, withe the newer system I get the same mpg on either fuel. The older system had around a 15% drop in mpg if I remember correctly.
The kit cost me around £650 back then. It took me a leisurely 3 days to fit, 1 day was fitting the tank (don't ask - tried to drill through the towbar!). Ignoring that error, biggest job was removing the inlet manifolds (thus immobilising the car) to drill and tap them. Not difficult, any home mechanic should be capable. Lots of wiring connections, easily explained in the kit. (And I can help if need be), Ihave TinleyTech reasonably near who are good for advice and spares too.
Been running on it ever since; odd failure of parts (but over a high mileage/long period) fom which I've learnt a lot. The system is really simple to understand, and though the fault finding I've learnt a lot - even proving some of the "experts" wrong!
Current mpg (which I keep an eye on by simple checks, with occasional more accurate ones) give me up to 32mpg on local trips; on long journeys around 42mpg (sometimes more!). These figures seem the same as petrol when I occasionally have had to use it. However my local Morrisons currently sell at 57.4p/l so it really is a no brainer.

Stewart
StewartIngram is online now   Reply With Quote