View Single Post
Old 26th January 2022, 11:13   #15
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default I had a similar experience.

I am sure that Andy will diagnose your problem.
I am a little reticent to add my bit. However,I had a similar experience some years ago My then MG Rover dealer installed a water coolant level system in my car. The warning LED was put on the centre console.
When collecting my car I noticed the message centre warning light was on - off side low beam bulb had blown. Assumed that it was normal wear and tear and paid for a replacement lamp bulb. I now believe that an electrical surge was the reason that the globe failed.

I stopped on the way home to do some shopping. It was then that I realised that I was unable to lock my car.

The outcome was that the young apprentice had caused an electrical short that damaged part of the BCUs circuitry. I had to purchase a replacement BCU that they graciously installed with the aid of their T4.
They claimed that the BCU failure was due to a hands free phone – I don’t have one. I think that, in my case, the apprentice may have caused an electrical surge when touching the cigarette lighters circuitry – or some other similar circuit..
Anyway, after the new BCU everything was ok.

Things some folk will try. I recently came across a damaged EWS and burnt electrical harness - caused by someone attempting to install a hands free phone. But, that is another story.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote