View Single Post
Old 7th October 2020, 19:03   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS Disco View Post
This is quite a common occurrence actually.
Faulty nearby door bell or microwave,
Other things that can cause this are :-
And these are actual cases......

chap with a ZR had a key remote die.
Had a new one, it died in a day. Turns out he worked as security or something in Dartford tunnel. Where did he keep his car keys? Top pocket of his jacket. Right next to his radio two way thing. Radio signal blew it.

Chap always had problems when parked at work. He worked next door to a taxi firm. Their radio signal blew his remote signal out. Too much power that blanked the remote signal.

And that, Ladies and Gentleman is one of the reasons Australia uses 315MHz.
I remember when remotes first came in. Supermarket carparks were full of RAAC or AAA vans because customers could not open their cars.
Why you ask?
Because most supermarkets over there have SES ( State Emergency Services) radio booster towers on their roof! That blows any 413MHz signal from a car remote out of the water !

But glad the OP is sorted
I dont think in my case it is something so mundane, however it could be related, though.

Where I park is beside concert venue, currently being renovated, HOWEVER, what could be a little more concerning though, is the car park has been partially taken over for a drive thru Covid19 testing centre!

In saying that, it has only started in the last two weeks, and the renovation and the testing has been going on much longer than this. I have been using the car park longer than this too.

If not the 5G testing (which apparently has been happening in the area), it is probably something to do with the renovation equipment. Normally the car park would be full with workers from the area, so it is unlikely this could be 'discovered' to being a localised problem - as the workers in the area would be working from home and therefore not discovering 'the coincidence' with each other.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote