View Single Post
Old 26th January 2021, 18:37   #716
Bryan Terry

Rover 75 saloon

Default Newbie

Hello, Thanks for the Welcome to the Club. I bought 2006 registered Rover 75 1.8 manual here in Ireland 3 weeks ago. On the Log book it says Connoisseur Elite. Cant find anything in that name? But from the VIN. It is a the 6 letter S Comfort. Firefrost red. Usual leaky boot, Spare wheel retainer would not budge until I snapped the bolt. Rear window demister only Demists one third from the bottom, Passenger side rear window does not work, Skylight does not work. Keyfob unlocks the doors and boot, but does not lock, bought a fob replacement from Ebay, but have not chanced to do anything with it yet?
Other than that The Engine is fine @ 94000 Km, The bodywork is rust free as far as I know, Visually. It needed rear tyres, cose to the limit. So, had them fitted, asked at the same time for the tracking to be looked at. Because I felt it pulling to the left when taking hands off steering. The fella said tracking was ok, but could be bushes on the wishbone.

I am going to enjoy this car. I learnt to drive in P4s. My Dad had a 1948 rover with the tailboards P3. I think? I was given a P6 2000sc.
I love Rovers.
Bryan Terry is offline   Reply With Quote