View Single Post
Old 28th June 2019, 14:14   #1
whitelion58
Regular poster

2001 CDT Tourer and 04 LPG V6 Connie

Cool ’04 2.5 V6 Auto Connie LPG MOT October, £600***SOLD***

This link will take you to a gallery of high res pics I took this afternoon

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6ZKZCN89Ume52LPo7

I think it is time to pass this on to someone else who can use and enjoy it. The usual story here of too many cars and not enough time.

I bought this on an impulse when I saw it locally in Sept 2014 with 112k on the clock. I was assured by the elderly owner that the belts were done at 98k, but no paperwork ever appeared, so no guarantees there.

It was only ever used as a “spare” car when I felt like it, mostly intended for backup for my long daily commute in the winter months.

Its last serious – and quite epic – outing was in late summer 2016 when we completed a 1500 mile tour right around the edge of Scotland with no issues at all. That took the mileage to about 123k in total. Just checking the MOT history I see this:

Oct 2017 124,905
Oct 2018 125, 683
And today it has 126, 686 – so precisely 3 miles since its last MOT !

It’s in pretty smart condition overall, obviously its fair share of age-related marks but no visible rust I can see. The interior is good, no rips in the cream leather and a nice set of original Rover mats still present.

There is some peeling lacquer here and there and a pretty large area of paint failure on the offside C pillar. I was told that was a repair to a scratch from a fallen branch, but certainly could do with a repaint now.

It sits on four very good tyres, two are Khumo and two are Hankook Winter tread. (I have two more winter tyres/wheels for sale separately)

The LPG was working fine last time I used it – though be aware that it will put the EML on, due to a fuel trim error. It is just an effect of the LPG running lean and has no impact on performance whatsoever. I just reset the light for the MOT and it comes back a few miles down the road (sooner if you are heavy on the right foot)

The engine pulls like a train and the auto box does everything it should.

I maintained it properly and it has had an entire front-to-back exhaust system, new front springs and mounts, most brake lines in copper and most recently a cam position sensor. That’s about it I think - other than oil and filter of course.

The biggest issue, which I don’t have the stamina to resolve, is a small water leak. It split the thermostat a while back (you can read a thread about it on this very forum) and I replaced it with a Rover item, using the keyhole method. It has not totally sealed though and does lose a bit of water. I don’t think it is an immediate crisis, but it does need fixing (again).

I would love to see it go to an appreciative home who will continue to look after and enjoy a car with plenty of life left yet.

We are in SY13, Shropshire – so serious enquires please.

I also have some bits and pieces for sale in the spares section, so have a look there too!

I would prefer direct contact on [email protected] , please

Thanks and regards
Tim
whitelion58 is offline   Reply With Quote