View Single Post
Old 16th May 2022, 17:57   #10
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quite a few assumptions there Simon!

1. With hundreds of companies and brokers chasing the same market it’s certainly competetive!

Outlets charge more than the direct companies’ basic rates, that reflects their operating costs and profit.

2. They mostly operate those reductions by similar amounts. Motor Insurance is the most competetive market – premiums are the first step at selection time. Commonly known as ‘call birds’.

3. OK.

4. He doesn’t. The trade-in value is an indication of precisely that and only that. It varies only when considering how the insurer or repairer can trade it on! There’s no such thing as a moral contract! It’s only money! And write-offs aren’t what it sounds like!

In similar vein, I have at the moment a personal and ongoing claim from the Storm Eunice fiasco (not Motor):

Apart from shenanigans that I wouldn’t want to go into here, (legalities no less), there are 3 companies involved in the same settlement! The broker masquerading as the insurer, the assessor operating in his own company name, and the actual insurance company! They don't necessarily tell you that in the big Ads.

The broker and the insurer are national names, both pillars of the community! The assessor so far will not answer my enquiry regarding materials he will specify, or the extent of repairs! Nor will he give any indication of exactly what he will do! Smoke and mirrors everywhere.