View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 08:53   #12
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

Thanks for that one.
The prices for accommodation outside of London there are tempting but adding on like you say the hefty commuting costs makes me wonder is it worth it - plus the scary bit about 20% of the time being late
Not sure if the boat/barge would go down too well - I did look at one that was on one of the agents website.

I am looking at 4 flats tomorrow in the Rotherhithe area, all within a 4 minute tube ride to London Bridge, and then a short walk to where he is going to work at Red Lion Court. Average costs are around £300 - £350 a week between the two of them. Its not cheap, but my lad is getting a decent salary for next year so its not like we will be struggling - he just wont be able to go out at night

I was looking at train fares to London for tomorrow - its astronomical if you want to arrive in London at peak time! Arrival after 10 am sees the prices drop........consequently I have decided to drive to St Albans early in the morning and then get the train in from there......unless someone has a better way

Last edited by justmicky; 23rd May 2010 at 08:55..
justmicky is offline   Reply With Quote