Thread: Hi I'm New
View Single Post
Old 17th August 2019, 09:13   #9
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Welcome aboard Richard. Glad you chose a diesel. The most reliable engine of the lot. First thing to do is check the plenum. This is the void under the covers at the bottom of the windscreen. Have a check of the pipes that carry water and power steering oil at the front of the engine for rubbing together. You will see a large rubber pipe coming up from the bottom of the front of the engine bay on the passenger side, to the egr which is just under the engine cover on the passenger side. The seals in the bottom end of this, sometimes because of age, break and let oil contaminate the bottom half of the pipe. This will allow air to escape and affect performance. Why don’t you find time to come to the nano meet at Four Ashes pub Wolverhampton in September 14/15. We can give it the once over for you. Our guru’s carry quite a few spares, and you may even get a chance to have a T4 check to see if everything is running as it should. Hope to see you there. Meanwhile, enjoy your luxury car. One last bit of advice. Don’t worry about wrong fueling , just smell the end of the filler pipe before you put it in the tank.

Last edited by bl52krz; 17th August 2019 at 21:25.. Reason: Artic beat me to it...........again.
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote