View Single Post
Old 25th January 2018, 06:32   #45
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post

Your knowledge of the subject is negligible. You are forming an opinion based on populist guesswork and without reference to any sourced facts.

Finally, who said this particular question is unreasonable. You predicated your opinion with false premise and no research, not helpful to the OP.
Hi Wraymond,

I would say it was unnecessary that you chose to make a global declaration on my knowledge in relation to the matter before commenting on my specific point.

With reference to the first point I have quoted above, how can my knowledge be negligible and based on "populist guesswork", when it was in fact based on what a lady on DLA in a nearby village drives? It was based on first hand knowledge, be it on a very limited sample set.

I did not say that anyone said the question was unreasonable, only that it was a reasonable question to ask. This, I believe, is a common approach to gently making a point - a question of style I believe.

With the comment "You seem to be linking a person’s presumed income to their eligibility for benefits when the only criterion in this case is one of disability" you are stating how things are in this case, not what would be more reasonable and just. It would not be unreasonable (my style I am afraid!) to question whether disability benefit should be linked to a person's wealth and income as is the case with many other benefits.

You are of course welcome to your point of view, which I respect.

Last edited by MSS; 25th January 2018 at 06:37..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote