View Single Post
Old 29th June 2020, 15:30   #482
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Are you sure that wasn't a nuisance caller, trying to make a sales appointment, to sell you some rewiring or a new consumer unit. It reads that way, especially the persistance.

The smart meter installers just make an appointment, turn up when you are in and do the deed.
No, they were wanting to install the SMART meter in my old flat. It did need re-wiring, it was last done in 1972.

And they have been on the phone again. This time I spoke to a very nice lady. I explained that I had moved and told her that the new people had in fact had the flat rewired and a SMART meter was fitted.
The lady apologised about the previous caller. I asked why it had taken so long to contact me. She said that they had written to me numerous times but getting no reply my request was put on the back burner. But now they were going through these “on hold” requests to see if any follow ups were needed.

She assured me that they would not be contacting me again as she said “that my request” had been dealt with. And it was no longer on their system. We shall see, bound to get another call. (All the phone calls were to my mobile).

Roger, my late god sons brother, will not be returning to Brazil till August now. The COVID-19 situation in Brazil is still at the high risk level. But I’m hoping for us to meet up in a fortnights time. He will be bringing his niece with him, been awhile since I’ve seen her. Roger will also be bringing the item/s that his brother left me in his will. Got an ideal it maybe some camera equipment, but must not speculate otherwise I might be disappointed.

My late god sons ex-wife has had two more charges added to the list. Unlawful destruction of personal stuff and the unlawful removal of valuable jewellery. It seems her two accomplices have turned against her and dropped her right in it. I have no sympathy for her at all.

My friend, Steve, in Italy phoned to say that his wife is now home but still not fully recovered yet. Steve has had a crash course in home nursing, all new to him. Made me laugh when he told me some of the things he has had to learn. I reminded him that I knew what he was going through as I had looked after my late wife for 11 months. Good days outnumbered the bad days.

Banana is still behaving but the Bear is the one back in the workshop after our spring breaking last Saturday. I’m just counting my blessings that it broke at a slow (ish!) speed rather than me travelling at Warp Factor 3 up the M5, as I should have been last Thursday. We were due to be joining the Cornwall MGOC for the long weekend away to Wales. Hate to think what would have happened if the tyre had a blowout after the spring broke.

Still here, and that’s the main thing.

Many thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 29th June 2020 at 15:32.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote