Old 2nd July 2020, 07:20   #24
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default No, you were right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1966 View Post
As embarrassing as it is to admit it, rather than leave incorrect info out on the web I would like to retract my statement regarding colour codes for the RH hydramount. The more I think about it the more I wonder if the colours I mention are for the 25/45/ZR/ZS range of mounts. I worked on everything during the Longbridge MG/Rover years. I worked solely on the 75 from 96-99 but this was 20 years ago. In my mind I can see other colours also, and we used colours to differentiate between prototype mounts of differing stiffness during development and have doubts about what was what. Also I seem to recall the base of the hydramount having a stamped letter. I wonder if this dictates the fitment. If anyone has a factory fitted (not replacement) mount that they have removed from a 1.8, V6 and diesel that would confirm the existence/letter used. Regarding the relative stiffnesses, I'm happy about that and the statement about suitability still stands.

Steve.
It's the first time I've read this thread and your memories of the mounts, you were correct about the colour dots as this one has the Yellow one. The only difference is that the mount was off a pre production V6, it also has the wire. I expect it was just chosen at random to be on the car as it was earmarked for St Helens college to be used as a learning tool. The vin tags shown are from that car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200629_080237.jpg (139.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 20200629_080248.jpg (104.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4954.jpg (65.6 KB, 47 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote