View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:39   #488
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Believe me it needed redoing. The consumer box was in fact the old style fuse box. That had the wire fuses. In 48 years the fuses only blew 4 times. National Power wanted to condemn it to the scrap heap. But I moved before any work was carried out by them or me.
I can only repeat - the condition and age of the electrical installation, has absolutely nothing to do with the installation of smart meters. The smart meter installers only replace the old meter, with a smart meter - they have absolutely no interest or responsibility beyond fitting the meter. They certainly would not be ringing you and pestering you to have a rewire. They were scam callers and maybe made a lucky guess that you had originally needed a rewire.

They are very, very good, can be very convincing indeed, but it was none the less a lucky escape from a scammer. They can claim to be whoever they like over the phone, they can even spoof the phone number, so the call appears to be from the company they claim to represent, even your banks number, so it shows up on your phone as NatWest ringing you if they are in your contact list.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote