View Single Post
Old 28th May 2019, 19:28   #5
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
When overtaking a lorry earlier today the battery warning light came on accompanied by ‘charging error’ warning message. I turned all electrics off and drove the five miles back to where we’re staying in Ribblesdale and noticed that when taking tight right hand bends at speed that the warning light would go off and then come on again after the bend.
Does this sound like it could be a poor connection somewhere or a terminal alternator failure? I’ve had a good look round the engine bay and can’t see anything obvious and because we’re on holiday I haven’t got any of my tools or multi meter with me so can’t really do much more.
Sounds similar to what happened to me a few years ago- the battery positive lead had become loose on the battery post losing contact periodically.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote