View Single Post
Old 31st August 2020, 16:45   #471
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
with a ratio of 4 saloons to 1 tourer.... the tourers are going to be rare!! in Britain currently just 17600 Rover 75 are left in service.... cant be more than 3000/4000 Rover 75 tourers left in that total number.

However in saying that when i do see a passing Rover 75 its always a tourer which is odd
The problem is I think they are being used as posh vans or handy for walking the dogs because they are so cheap at the moment.

I was waiting outside the post office recently and a guy pulled up in a scruffy 75 Tourer, as his window was open I said hello and asked him about his car, he new nothing about it other than ''it was handy for lugging stuff about'' I glanced in the back and it had ladders and some small tool boxes. He reckoned he had another one on his drive that was a ''scrapper''.

I know when they go through the local car auction they often go for a low price and some don't even get a bid if they look scruffy with hardly any MOT left. There was a minter going through before lock down that I was tempted to take a bid on but with an engine management light on I decided to save my money, a couple of people bid it up to £800.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote