View Single Post
Old 13th July 2021, 20:21   #24
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
…………………………….. there is a bright yellow orb in the sky.

Matt was able to come down today, our first day without rain and wind for 12 days. Even the trip down was against him with a few accidents plus roadworks, but he arrived ok.
First job was to get the kettle on for a coffee.

Then out to Banana. Bonnet up and multi meter on the electrics. Nothing showing. Battery ok. Into the fuse box under the glovebox Matt delved.
Fuse 28 along with a few others were in a bad looking way. So they were all changed. All the contacts were cleaned.
Next was the inertia switch plug, ah! That looked as if it had been arcing as one of the connectors looked a bit burnt.

So with all the fuses replaced, connectors and plug cleaned it was time to see if she would start.
Ignition on, oh! The pump was priming. Turned the key and she was away. Ticking over as if nothing had happened.

Matt thumped the inertia switch and nothing happened, no warning lights, no hazards. Matt thumped it again, and still nothing. I revved the engine, oh! What a glorious sound. My baby was back.
Matt then tidied up all the wiring and screwed everything back in place. And put the glovebox back in.
I was then instructed to take her for a run whilst Matt went for a tinkle and a cold drink.

I took Banana down the bumpy road, waiting for the inertia switch to cut in. But she ran her usual sweet self. Drove around the block and back home, purring all the way.

I cannot thank, both Dave Lincs and Matt Darke, enough for getting Banana back up and running. I’ll be forever be in there debt.

And many thanks to everyone who has chipped in with various bits of advice. Plus so many pm’s and text messages telling me not to give up hope and that with the help of the club she would be back and good to go for another 211,000 miles. I just want the “Moon” sticker. Current mileage is 211,935.
Glad all is now OK Bob just pleased we got it sorted between us
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote