View Single Post
Old 24th June 2020, 02:18   #52
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwirover View Post
Hi Keith - Hopefully this helps - at least until I take my rear seat out again and get another photo.
The top of the early one is quite different to that of the later units. And the part number is clearly visible on the label. The most obvious difference are the two large moulded “loops” or finger holds on each side of the top - I guess to help remove/fit it. These are not on the later unit.

I have taken the liberty of including the photo Chris75 provided which shows the top of the early filter unit reasonably clearly. The photos used in the Haynes manual are of the later type.

Sorry to resurrect this thread after so long but I am sure it still gets lots of reads.
I checked my fuel filter today to see if it needed the Orange (now white) clip. The sources that I found said the change was in late 2001, however my ZT left Longbridge on 16 January 2002 and it had the old style filter.
This saved me pulling the filter assembly out of the tank and installing the clip and viton O-Ring which I bought off E-Bay, which was a good thing. FWIW the E-bay seller e-mails buyers a very good instruction sheet.
For reference my filter is the same as the one shown above, only black. (Must have been the MG Sports and Racing version! )
I hope that this saves others the need to pull out their seat base to see which filter is fitted!

Edit: The clip seller's E-bay name is "bizzylizzy_2013" Check out his other items for a range of fuel line viton o-rings for 75/ZT as well as Tourer rear light clips. He is a quick shipper and everything is professionally packaged.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 24th June 2020 at 02:33..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote