View Single Post
Old 8th July 2020, 19:56   #53
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread after so long but I am sure it still gets lots of reads.
I checked my fuel filter today to see if it needed the Orange (now white) clip. The sources that I found said the change was in late 2001, however my ZT left Longbridge on 16 January 2002 and it had the old style filter.
This saved me pulling the filter assembly out of the tank and installing the clip and viton O-Ring which I bought off E-Bay, which was a good thing. FWIW the E-bay seller e-mails buyers a very good instruction sheet.
For reference my filter is the same as the one shown above, only black. (Must have been the MG Sports and Racing version! )
I hope that this saves others the need to pull out their seat base to see which filter is fitted!

I'm still getting confused as to which is the early filter and which is the late one as the way I read some of these posts it seems to be contradictory. Also, which is the filter that needs the "orange clip".? I thought this one in the red car was the LATE one that does NOT need the orange clip.

Also, is there yet a third type of filter, as futher fown this series of posts there are two photobucket pictures which show yet another filter design apparently fifferent to both these two. Somebody please explain it to me!
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote