View Single Post
Old 11th July 2020, 18:35   #55
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
There are two filter module versions. The earlier type does not require the clip to prevent the cap from slackening (the earlier type doesn't have a screw-on cap). It was replaced by the later type around late-2001, but either version may be fitted either side of late-2001. The early type has two lifting loops on the top. It's shown in posts 31, 52 and your own.

The later module requires the Fabled Orange Clip, or whatever alternative is available these days. This module has a screw-on cap that tends to slacken in service. The slackening will prevent the engine from starting or running properly due to loss of fuel pressure (known as Fuel Filter Syndrome or FFS). This later type is recognised by the criss-cross webs on the top. It's shown in posts 5, 34 and 41.

There's only two designs as described above. It seems the earlier version may vary in the colour of the plastic casing.

TC

Thank you for the explanation. I was confused by the unit shown in post 31, the photo reapeated in post 52 (the small photo) which is presumably the late filter taken from a different angle making it look quite different to other photos which show a web of moulding as you describe. Am I correct in this or is there a third variant?

Doesn't help my problem in having low, sometimes no, pressure even with the pump running continuously. (Early filter in 2001 car).
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote