View Single Post
Old 12th February 2022, 15:31   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrooks View Post
I was driving along the A65 towards Leeds where there are at least 7 speed cameras within about 5 miles. I was flashed just outside Rawdon traffic lights where a 30mph zone becomes a 40 mph zone. The markings on the road are literally placed to within about 50 feet of the 40 sign. I was doing 36 mph!
I've been driving 50 years and have only had 3 points on my licence around 20 years ago. This was a similar event, when I was travelling at 37mph in a 30 zone. I was officially speeding on both accounts, but the camera in Rawdon is not obvious and certainly does not achieve anything but to milk the motorist. I have opted for a speed awareness course, as I don't want points on my licence. However, I consider myself a very careful and courteous driver with a vast experience of driving. It will be interesting to hear why these cameras are positioned in locations that in my opinion are there for no other purpose than a cash cow!
oh here we go, another speeder moaning they have been caught. If you dont want to pay the fine, don't commit the crime, simple as that. It is good they only flash at those speeding. Why on earth should the speed camera be obvious?

I'm a little unsure, were you going from a 30 to a 40 or a 40 to a 30?

It is frustrating to do your best to not to exceed the speed limit then accidently exceed it and get caught, you have my sympathy. See I'm not heartless, well, not totally

I queried some years ago about the positioning of a speed camera and was advised, it is because there have been x number of accidents in that area. Can not recall what x was, 5 may be.

Dont want to bring gloom and doom but some insurance companies do ask if you have done a speed awareness course.

The course can give you ideas, so do go with an open mind.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote