Old 15th December 2012, 23:47   #46
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Question What the Dundee Boy reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
bassman......One day on a fishing excursion.....3 of us discovered we could catch bass, fishing off a beach next to Torness (Nuclear) Power Station....

We then discovered(even before the Dundee boys did), that fishing in the warm water outlet of the Power Station(gushing out at a rate of something silly like 2 million gallons a minute) we could catch even more bass....We found various outlets in the Newcastle region who were willing to pay £3 a lb for our fish.....sometimes upto £400 a time, 3 or 4 times a week...but some of them required receipts for their money, so I signed them bob the bassman...It was such a good time I carried the name onto a lot of forums....

The guy I fished with was brilliant(caught a lot more than me) invented his own mold for putting a designated/varied weight on the lure that made it dive in the water(wriggling its tail).....we called it a leadhead(and caught £1000's worth with it)..........which is also my name on other forums.....

Wow.....brings back happy memories......Sadly the fish arent as prolific now, and the Dundee boys got a bit jealous and started burning cars.....
What is the Dundee Boys bit about?

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote