View Single Post
Old 26th September 2019, 15:48   #3
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Well, l've just received a pair of the HK tweeters from DMGRS & l must say they are a bit of a revelation. The improvement in sound quality is plain to hear, even with the 3-way Pioneers running in the front there is a big improvement & they seem to have boosted all of the frequencies which may be an aural illusion but if so then it's a convincing one. The Harmony has never sounded so good though l will still be fitting a Symphony once l've got round to sending it off to Jules to have the SLE circuit fitted.
I've ordered a pair of these for the rear:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-Slic...=2102910305011

A budget speaker for a bargain price which l'm thinking should bring the bass out even more. They'll certainly be vastly better than the original factory items anyway which becomes apparent as soon as you have something else in place. It's good to hear the various improvements in sound by adding each component separately l think, rather than just ripping the whole lot out at once. It even shows that the Harmony can give a perfectly adequate performance with a new set of speakers, but l'm looking forward to the Symphony on aesthetic grounds too.
DMGRS have reduced the price of the HK's & l would recommend them to anyone looking for a good value, easily fitted improvement to their standard set-up.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote