Thread: My new V8 query
View Single Post
Old 6th March 2024, 06:36   #16
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Agreed Chris Flanagan is one of the go to people he knows his stuff. He also works on the SV.
I see your in Tamworth and i understand Nick at Austin Garages burton on trent is also a good place to go to.

As regards Rock auto i was amazed how quick it took to get something. I ordered a MAF sensor on a Wednesday i think, i opted to go for delivery with all import duties already paid upfront and was told it may take about a week for delivery. It arrived on the Saturday.
There is a lot of information and very knowledgeable people on the Two Sixties web site. A lot of people think why do you need a separate web site and have criticised them thinking they think they are better than 75 owners. That's not true it boils down to preservation of these cars. They may share a 75 Bodyshell but that's about where it ends they are a different beast. The two sixties have done a lot to try and obtain certain parts in the past such as shocks and struts.
If the clutch feels heavy thats normal. I hope you enjoy your new purchase.
Oh mate i absolutely love it. I went out in it last night after work just to get some bits and bobs from the shop and i ended going a little bit further than i needed to! Its just addictive, its the only car i have ever owned where i want to drive along in the dark in the freezing cold with the window open just to hear that sound. To be honest i don't find the clutch or gear change too bad at all.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote