View Single Post
Old 28th October 2018, 06:40   #88
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Jim, I hope it works out for you. The surgeon is guided by what you tell him and in doing so, he has to understand your needs. Tell him what you want.

Last year, I had an op and the guy doing it, said he was going to repair 2 aneurysms at the same time. I psyched myself up for it and was ready to go, then he cancelled them. He changed his mind, saying he going to wait 12 months for them to be more ripe ha! To say it was a let down, was an understatement. But he said if I have any problems with them in Africa, I am to fly back straight away.

I don't have complete faith in Doctors and had to pull him on his bedside manner, when he told me that if one them blows, it will be curtains. I told him he should not frighten his patients like that. On the plus side, he did the op good for the other thing and no complications at all. It was a good experience. On the day of the op, I said I did not need a trolley and wanted to walk to the operating theatre without any help. When I got in there, I climbed onto the table and they were all there gowned up listening to loud rap music. It felt like I was going to party. The anaesthetist put a needle in my arm, hardly felt it go in and he made a joke. I started laughing and before I knew it, I was out for the count.......

Next week the aneurysms are to be scanned again and I will know the results straight away. Like yourself, I will then see the consultant to discuss options. Unlike yourself, I have no symptoms, no discomfort, no pain and they don't intrude into my life, except no contact sports, no bungee jumping, no deep dives and heavy weights on top of my front are not allowed.....To us both, positive thoughts
Thanks Phil, not really in pain just uncomfortable but as you say "positive thoughts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post

I am. You set the standards that the rest of us aspire to Jim. Hope all goes well for you with the hospital etc and you're back in full action soonest.

Take care,

Cliff
Cheers Cliff, I'm not convinced but it's really nice of you to say it.

Thanks also for your kind wishes and thoughts, hopefully I'll be more myself next year.

Best regards to you both
Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote