View Single Post
Old 30th July 2019, 21:58   #7
Tom131

75 Tourer

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the responses and sorry for my slow reply. As I mentioned in my first post, I have enjoyed nothing but good results from Ron's products for years now, so I'm really reluctant to give up on the Synergy, especially as it works perfectly well in our other car. I'm pretty certain it is highlighting a latent fault elsewhere in the car - I just don't know where.

This weekend I have had a bit more of a play with it. Swapping the MAP sensor and air temp sensor with the known good examples in the wife's car achieved nothing at all, so I can rule those out now. However, quite by accident I did notice that the car seemed much better when the three position switch was unplugged from the Synergy box. I don't 100% understand how the Synergy works - is it just switched off when the switch is unplugged? The reason I ask is that it performs almost exactly the same with the switch unplugged as it does when I unplug the whole thing from the MAF. Anyone understand how they're wired up?

Also, for reasons I haven't figured out yet, the rattle appears to have gone away for now.

I guess for now I'm just going to have to keep swapping parts between cars until I get the fault to jump with them. I shall keep you all posted on progress.

BL52KRZ - On your recommendation I have also messaged Marinabrian for his advice on the problem. Thanks.
Tom131 is offline   Reply With Quote