Thread: Locked out!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2021, 20:41   #9
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Straightened coat hanger, with an 'L' shape to the end, or something similar, and at least that length. Along with plenty of patience, ease it between the frame and the door, and touch the central locking button.

You may also be able to squeeze it between the glass and the seal, again an L shape, then ease it into roughly the position of the door button connector rod, and gently (you may catch wiring) lift it upwards (I have not done this on a 75, but reckon it is doable). Full disclosure lol,

Since it is 'only' the button pushed down, it should open and be relatively easy to do. I am not sure that getting under the bonnet will help - except to stall the engine (by pulling a fuse, hopefully not).

I have a spare left and right rear saloon glass in the shed, but would need an hour or two to access tomorrow evening if you need to go the extreme. I dont know what condition they are in, but were good when I put them in behind a panel between the uprights about 5 years ago lol.

Central door locking buttons won't work unless the ignition is on.

You may also be able to squeeze it between the glass and the seal, again an L shape, then ease it into roughly the position of the door button connector rod, and gently (you may catch wiring) lift it upwards (I have not done this on a 75, but reckon it is doable)

It isn't.

.......... except to stall the engine.....

Just stuff a potato or rag up the exhaust.

I have assisted customers (4 maybe 5) who had locked themselves out of their cars in past employment, in our car park using this method.

None of the methods of the past, slim jims, cable ties, cable ties and braided fishing line, hollow tube and a fishing line loop, accessing central locking wiring looms through boot /tailgate pillar loom, powering up the ignition from under the car and giving the crash sensor a whack, steel rods bent to weird and wonderful shapes to allow you to grip rods and push or pull them, rods with sharp points to grip smooth or tapered buttons and many more, are of any use on the 75, or many modern cars, there is a way, detailed I believe on the forum but access obviously is restricted due to it being sensitive security info.

What the op could do, if the keys are in the ignition and it will need dexterity, patience, possibly a second person, a couple of stiff rods bent as required, a couple of plastic door wedges or one of the little air bags to provide a working gap without damage, some plastic sheet to protect paint and door seals, is use the rods to manoeuvrer the remote so that you can push the open button and break in..........err sorry wrong phrase....... effect entry.