Thread: we by any car
View Single Post
Old 18th September 2021, 09:17   #12
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
It is standard and expected practice everywhere, period. They are trained to make money, nothing else, you are a cash cow, nothing personal, same as when you approach a dealership to buy a new car, they are trained to rip the public off, so you have to do your homework, it is a battlefield, no prisoners, or quarter, they are NOT your friend, negotiate with head, stay cool, walk away at a moment's notice if you don't get what you want, never tell the sales person anything they don't need to know, stay focus, no need to be rude, just don't answer their questions, and say as little as possible, once you make your case keep quiet, let them go on, when they are finished, repeat the same thing, if they get tiresome, just walk away.

My point confirmed/proven.

The point to remember is that a professional seller of cars is there to make a profit. If you don't like their offer, don't take it. They do not have the luxury of being sentimental about particular cars. Their offers are driven by the market and demand plus their need to shift cars in order to stay in business.

Also, remember that not all car purchases have to turn into a robotic interaction. I remember when I went to buy a Rover 45. The elderly owner's wife fed me cups of tea and home made cakes whilst the gentleman showed me the contents of the car's file and went through the car's history. It would have been awfully strange to say nothing to them whilst sampling the cakes.

Personally, I prefer to play human. For me its always worked.

This youtube video from a decent, hard working, car dealer is worth watching and considering whether he is describing you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9-tDdGveI4
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote